Saturday 14 April 2012

G'day

G'day and welcome to Bodger's Paradise
That's the name given to my backyard workshop where i do my thing.
Inspired by the plethora of blogs and websites made by amateurs and professionals, Ii have decided to share the things i have learnt and hopefully help others like i have been helped.
I am an Australian and hope that any international visitors to my Blog will understand that laws and practises vary from country to country.
I am an Electrician by Trade and have experience in both maintenance and installation work, domestic, commercial and industrial.
Most of what i post will be me fixing things that others have deemed too far gone. Usually when an appliance or tool has stopped working it is considered (often correctly) that it is too expensive to have it professionally repaired. i have been lucky to have received a few quality tools that have stopped working and were on there way to the bin.
I'll update this blog from time to time with tool repairs or upgrades and also a few automotive projects that i am involved in.
Hope you enjoy my ranting and attempts and infotainment!
Triker_Chewie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Chewie,
    Great blog, found your link in the Chopper Builder's forum.

    Nice to see another Aussie online (I'm in Melbourne) who is tooling around in the shed. I've already learnt all about motor capacitors from your post!!

    Anyway, I've got your posts coming direct to Google Reader so I'll follow your new stuff.

    Cheers
    Matt
    www.matthewmcleod.id.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Matt
    sick site youve got there. i'm also running a hercus but a 260c
    the chuck on mine has a rogue jaw and is not concentric
    glad you are enjoying my blatherings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mate ,any chance you might be able to help me please ? I've got a transmit 130 twin that's a great little welder but my feed roller is worn and I have not been able to source one anywhere. Any advice ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey mate ,any chance you might be able to help me please ? I've got a transmit 130 twin that's a great little welder but my feed roller is worn and I have not been able to source one anywhere. Any advice ?

    ReplyDelete